Probiotic Pearls (30 Count)
100% Satisfaction Guaranteed!
with L. Acidophilus & B. Longum
to Increase Healthy Intestinal Flora*
Healthy Probiotics May Support:
- Digestive System & Immune System Health*
- Helpful Relief from Occasional Gas, Loose Stools, Constipation, Sensitive Stomach and Lactose Intolerance*
- Healthy Skin From the Inside Out since they may help manage and eliminate free radicals and toxins*
- And Ensure that your Body is Not Weighed Down by Toxins which can Limit Your Immune System Defense*
- Healthy Levels of Candida Albicans that are already within normal limits.*
Why choose Probiotic Pearls™ as your healthy bacteria supplement?
- It's the smarter Probiotic since these Probiotic Pearls™ delivers live active cultures where you need them, and its guaranteed. In fact, it delivers up to 900% more active cultures to the where your body needs them (in the intestines) than other competing probiotics.* This is achieved by a patented hard outer capsule that ensures live cultures are undamaged by harmful stomach acids and delivered into your intestines, where they go to work. So unlike other probiotics, they survive the stomach to thrive in the intestines.*
- Probiotic Pearls™ are travel compatible and convenient to take (tiny capsule).*
- You only need just one capsule daily in order to help alleviate occasional gas and constipation plus symptoms of lactose intolerance.*
- No refrigeration required - unlike most other acidophilus products.*
Click to Try Probiotic Pearls Now
Why use probiotics?
- Probiotics can support digestive, immune, and skin health.*
- Beneficial, healthy bacteria, probiotics can help you get relief from occasional gas, loose stools, constipation, sensitive stomach and lactose intolerance.*
- May ensures your body is not weighed down by toxins which may limit your immune defenses.*
- Probiotics can help support healthy skin from the inside out by helping to manage and eliminate free radicals and toxins.*
Ingredients & Suggested Usage
Ingredients: 1 billion CFU of a Proprietary Probiotic Blend of Lactobacillus acidophilus and Bifidobacterium longum **
This product does not contain any artificial coloring, artificial flavoring, corn, dairy products, gluten, preservatives, salt, sugar, wheat or yeast. Contains only natural ingredients; color variations are normal. **Daily Value (DV) not established.
Suggested usage: One pearl daily with water or favorite beverage. May be taken with or without food. Store in cool dry location. May refrigerate if desired. Do not crush or chew. Product is supplied with 30 capsules in a blister card pak.
Click to Try Probiotic Pearls Now
Technical Data on Probiotic Pearls™
Description of Product
Probiotic Pearls™ is a unique, patented probiotic dietary supplement designed to help support digestive health and a healthy intestinal system.* It provides a combination of 2 different active, live cultures to support the overall health of the intestinal tract.* Probiotic Pearls™ are processed using an advanced, patented and encapsulation technique which results in a product that is stable at room temperature for up to 18 months. Easy to take once daily from home, work or out of town. Many other live bacteria products are unstable at room temperature, and can fail to meet their label claim in less than 12 months after the manufacture date. Additionally, the patented True Delivery™ Technology "pearl" capsule protects the healthy live cultures from harsh stomach acid so they can be released live and intact in the intestines. Reaching this point active and intact is important since this is where they are needed to perform their beneficial functions.*
How do they work?
Proprietary Probiotic Blend: Probiotic Pearls™ is a probiotic dietary supplement designed to help support healthy digestion and a healthy intestinal system.* Probiotics, such as Bifidobacterium longum and Lactobacillus acidophilus are, healthy, live microbial food supplements that are non-toxic and do not cause disease (non-pathogenic). Probiotics do not permanently colonize in the body and because of that, they need to be ingested regularly for their health-promoting effects to continue.* After ingestion, these important probiotics must adhere to the wall of the intestine. Once attached to the intestinal wall, these healthy bacteria are capable of multiplying and colonizing in the gut, thereby enhancing the immune response.1-3
Oral probiotics can help support the composition and metabolic activities of the large intestine microflora.1 Microflora of the large intestine can assist digestion through fermentation. This in turn can make the intestines inhospitable to invading species thus protecting against pathogenic bacteria, and stimulating the development of certain components of the immune system.3 Bifidobacterium longum and Lactobacillus acidophilus occupy a central role in a healthy gut microflora. There role enables them to influence the composition of the microflora to provide health benefits to the intestines and body.4*
Breakdown of Lactose
Lactose is an important sugar that is converted to lactic acid by lactic acid-producing bacteria (such as Lactobacillus acidophilus and Bifidobacterium longum).6 Lactose intolerance usually results from an inability to properly digest lactose.7 Lactose intolerance may be due to age related declines in intestinal lactase (the enzyme that metabolizes lactose), genetics, or other reasons.8 In lactase deficient people, they can accumulate non-absorbed lactose in the gastrointestinal tract, which can then draw water and electrolytes into the gut and accelerates transit time, which can lead to diarrhea.2,8 Lactic acid bacteria can help to metabolize the non-absorbed lactose in the gastrointestinal tract.*
Clinical Trial Information
In a randomized, controlled clinical trial, Bifidobacterium longum was shown to support the breakdown of lactose and reduce the symptoms of lactose intolerance (flatulence) in people with lactose intolerance.*5
Immune System Support
Healthy and normal microflora is associated with good health. Lactobacillus acidophilus and Bifidobacterium longum have been shown to possess immunoprotective and immunomodulatory properties.* These benefits include modulation of: cytokines and various interleukin production, autoimmunity, natural killer cell cytotoxicity, lymphocyte proliferation, and antibody production.*3
In an open, randomized and controlled trial, Bifidobacterium bifidum and Lactobacillus acidophilus were supportive of colon health in older adults.* In addition, levels of B cells, which are important antibody producing immune cells, increased as compared with the untreated group.* The probiotics were very well tolerated, with no significant side effects or variations in clinical chemistry or hematologic parameters.11
Decrease Occasional Constipation
Constipation is a common problem, particularly in older adults. When the feces remain in the large intestine for prolonged periods, it can lead to excessive water absorption, making the feces dry and hard.7 Insufficient amounts of Bifidobacterium longum and Lactobacillus acidophilus may play a role in delayed bowel movement, which can favor the activity of undesirable putrefactive bacteria in the intestines. Putrefactive bacteria can be caused by the breakdown of organic matter in the intestines into potentially harmful compounds. Lactic acid bacteria contributes to the re-establishment of healthy intestinal flora and stimulation of intestinal peristalsis via lactic acid.10
The Putrefactive Processes and How to Support it
When unbalanced conditions are present in the intestines from things like an unbalanced diet, high acidity, and/or low levels of lactic acid bacteria, organic matter may become putrefied (decomposed or rotting) by certain bacteria and produce harmful substances such as ammonia.1,11 But there is help via microflora in the large intestine. These healthy microflora can promote homeostasis (balance) in both the intestine and the vagina.1,12,13
Normal microflora of the large intestine may help to support and complete digestion via fermentation.1,11 The risk of diarrhea, for example, increases when the capacity of colonic microflora to ferment carbohydrates decreases.8 Orally ingesting probiotics can produce a stabilizing effect on the gut flora.*2
The benefits of probiotics extend beyond offering digestive support and immune system support. Bifidobacterium longum and Lactobacillus acidophilus can also help support the better utilization and bioavailability of nutrients like vitamins, minerals, fats, proteins, and carbohydrates.*14
What About Candida?
Candida albicans is a common fungus that is a naturally occurring component of the normal gastrointestinal microflora.15 However, Candida albicans should be maintained at healthy levels within the body. Probiotics have been shown to help retain healthy levels of Candida albicans that are already within normal limits.*
True Delivery™ Technology
Recently, the manufacturer of Probiotic Pearls™, Integrative Therapeutics,Inc., laboratory tested four leading probiotic nutritional supplements in the marketplace. These supplements were some of the best selling brands and, two of the supplements were enteric coated. All had label guarantees about potency which guaranteed the number of live bacteria. The laboratory scientists counted the levels of living bacteria found and compared these findings to the bacterial levels claimed by each probiotic manufacturer. The products were also subjected to a simulation of stomach acid conditions, after which the levels of living bacteria were then re-counted.
- The laboratory results found that the probiotic supplements contained less than 50% of the number of living bacteria that they claimed on their labels. More importantly, the laboratory results found that only 10% of the living bacteria claimed on the manufacturer's label survived the crucial simulated stomach conditions.
- Probiotic Pearls™ uses a revolutionary proprietary "pearl" encapsulating process called True Delivery™ Technology. This True Delivery™ Technology is a special type of natural coating that protects the probiotic bacteria from stomach acid.*
- The True Delivery™ is a seamless "pearl", which consists of 3 layers. The inner layer is a paste of probiotic bacteria suspended in a protective oil suspension. The second layer actually "seals" the bacteria in the capsule. This protects them from air, moisture, and the effects of heat. Probiotic bacteria are anaerobic organisms (grow in the absence of oxygen) and the presence of oxygen can actually injure or kill them.
- Because probiotic bacteria are injured or destroyed by the acids of the stomach, the third, outermost layer of the pearl is specially developed to only dissolve in the alkaline environment of the intestines. This patented gelatin pearl protects the probiotic bacteria from the acid environment of the stomach, so that they can successfully reach the intestine.
- The patented seamless pearl capsule of Probiotic Pearls™ assures that virtually all the bacteria remain uninjured and healthy to colonize in the intestine.* In addition, the special pearl capsule''s ability to seal the bacteria inside it eliminates the need for the nutritional supplement to be refrigerated – though they can be kept in the refrigerator, if desired.
Click to Try Probiotic Pearls Now
Store at controlled room temperature, 59° to 86°F (15°-30°C).
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Why do Probiotic Pearls™ active cultures contain only 1 billion bacteria? Some other probiotic supplements contain several billion.
Answer: General recommendations for probiotic bacteria supplements are to take 1 billion daily. Other products need to use many times this amount because they lack a protective delivery system for the bacteria and often lose much of the healthy bacteria to the stomach acid of the body. In order to have even a few survive shelf-life and transit through the stomach they must start with many billions of bacteria. However, because these Probiotic Pearls™ uses a patented delivery system which protects the bacteria until they arrive in the intestines (studies show over a 90% survival rate), you get the dosage you need from one capsule. Probiotic Pearls™ guarantees delivery of live bacteria, and has been shown to increase the beneficial bacteria in the intestines by 600%.*
2. Why do Probiotic Pearls™ contain only two strains of probiotics?
Answer: Probiotic Pearls™ provides Bifidobacterium longum and Lactobacillus acidophilus (which means "acid-loving, lactic acid-producing bacterium" in Latin). These two probiotic bacteria have the largest amount of research and clinical support to back their use. Over 75 years of published research has shown that lactic acid-producing bacteria in gerneral, and Bifidobacterium longum and Lactobacillus acidophilus in particular, are the most effective in maintaining a healthy balance of intestinal flora.*
Store in a cool, dry location. May refrigerate if desired.
If pregnant, nursing, or taking prescription drugs, consult your healthcare practitioner prior to use.
Probiotic Pearls do not interfere with the efficacy or activity of commonly prescribed medications.
This product has a tamper-evident blister sheet. Do not use if foil or plastic is punctured!
Product of Japan.
Other Ingredients: palm oil, gelatin, vegetable glycerin, soy lecithin, and pectin.
UPC Codes: 871791000018
Take one pearl daily, with water or your favorite beverage.
May be taken with or without food. Do not chew or crush.
Click to Try Probiotic Pearls Now
Questions? Call 1-888-522-4372
- Macfarlane GT, Cummings JH. Probiotics and probiotics: can regulating the activities of intestinal bacteria benefit health? BMJ. 1999; 318:999-1003.
- Gismondo MR, Drago L, Lombardi A. Review of probiotics available to modify gastrointestinal flora. Int J Antimicrob Agents. 1999; 12:287-292.
- Famularo C, Moretti S, Marcellini, De Simone C. Stimulation of immunity by probiotics. In: Fuller, R ed. Probiotics 2 Applications and Practical Aspects.London, England: Chapman & Hall; 1997:133-161.
- Fuller R. Introduction. In: Fuller, R ed. Probiotics 2 Applications and
Practical Aspects. London, England: Chapman & Hall; 1997:1-9.
- Lactose. On-line medical dictionary. Available at:
http://www.graylab.ac.uk/cgi-bin/omd?query=lactose&action+Search+OMD. Accessed February 9, 2000.
- Marteau P, Vesa T, Rambaud JC. Lactose maldigestion. In: Fuller, R ed
Probiotics 2 Applications and Practical Aspects. London, England: Chapman & Hall; 1997:65-88.
- Garman J, Coolbear T, Smart J. The effect of cations on the hydrolysis of
lactose and the transferase reactions catalysed by beta-galactosidase from six strains of lactic acid bacteria. Appl Microbiol Biotechnol. 1996; 46:22-27.
- De Simone C, Ciardi A, Grassi A, et al. Effect of Bifidobacterium bifidum
and Lactobacillus acidophilus on gut mucosa and peripheral blood B lymphocytes. Immunopharmacol Immunotoxicol. 1992; 14:331-340.
- Schriffrin EJ, Brassart D, Servin AL, Rochat F, Donnet-Hughes A.
Immune modulation of blood leukocytes in humans by lactic acid bacteria: criteria for strain selection. Am J Clin Nutr. 1997; 66(suppl):515S-520S.
- Bennett A, Eley KG. Intestinal pH and propulsion: an explanation of
diarrhoea in lactase deficiency and laxation by lactulose. J Pharm Pharmacol. 1976; 28:192-195.
- Gibson GR, Saavedra JM, Macfarlane S, Macfarlane GT. Probiotics and
intestinal infections. In: Fuller, R ed. Probiotics 2 Applications and Practical Aspects. London, England: Chapman & Hall; 1997:10-39.
- Wagner RD, Peirson C, Warner T, et al. Biotherapeutic effects of probiotic
bacteria on candidiasis in immunodeficient mice. Infect Immun. 1997; 65:4165-4172.
- Hilton E, Isenberg HD, Alperstein P, France K, Borenstein MT. Ingestion
of yogurt containing Lactobacillus acidophilus as prophylaxis for candidal vaginitis. Ann Intern Med. 1992;116:353-357.
- Witsell DL, Garrett CG, Yarbrough WG, et al. Effect of Lactobacillus
acidophilus on antibiotic-associated gastrointestinal morbidity: a prospective randomized trial. J Otolaryngol. 1995; 24:230-233.
- Candida albicans. On-line Medical Dictionary. Available at:
http://www.graylab.ac.uk/cgi-bin/omd?query+candida albicans. Accessed February 10, 2000
Click to Try Probiotic Pearls Now